This Un-Lidded Cazuela is great for making mole and other casserole-style dishes. When used over an open flame, the food acquires a special smoky taste. Length 15.5 (including handles), Width 13.3 (from outside), Height 5.0, Diameter 13.3 and Capacity 3qt (filled comfortably without overflowing). Will last many years with proper use and care (each piece comes with a product information sheet outlining the Uses and Care for the product). As with other clay cookware, the flavor of the food cooked in it actually improves with use. Completely natural and safe, contains no toxins or lead. In the semi-desert region of Hidalgo, Mexico, our cazuelas are made by hand by artisans whose craft has been handed down for several generations.
- Made using 100% lead free glazes, and completely safe for food use (make sure to buy it directly from Ancient Cookware to ensure your safety as there are imitations).
- Can be used on gas, electric or glass stovetops, as well as the oven, microwave, or grill
- Handcrafted by our artisans in Hidalgo Mexico
- Cazuela heats very evenly and retain heat for a long period
- Product information sheet included outlining the Care and Use